Trying to transfer a domain to another registar? Fear not.
In order to transfer a domain to another registar, you’ll need the following:
1. Access to your registrar account. This is a must because if you don’t you won’t be able to access the “authorization codes” needed to transfer the domain.
2. Change the administrator email account to the person handling the transfer. This way he/she will get the necessary information and won’t have to bug you 🙂
3. Unlock the domain so that you can initiate the transfer.
4. Purchase the transfer credit via the new registrar.
5. Gather the authorization codes sent by new registrar.
6. Gather the losing registrar’s transfer authorization code.
7. Losing registrar must accept the transfer or the transfer will be finalized in 3-7 business days.
Browse the latest support articles at left, or if your question isn't covered in these topics, search our support center.
And business calls. If you'd rather save yourself some time and energy, we can come set up and fix stuff for you. Visit our remote support page for pricing information.